Saturday, June 29, 2013

In Search of Loops

Summer means road trippin' and new training venues. I'm currently down in San Clemente enjoying the warm (and humid) SoCal weather. Arriving here involved a one night stay at the Madonna Inn. I had never heard of the inn until a friend I was driving down with made the reservation. The Madonna Inn is a kitsch hotel of sorts, and the pictures should give you an idea of how "kitsch" the place is. Surprisingly, I liked the hotel and its amenities, and I think I would stay there again. I did a morning run at nearby Lake Laguna, and as customary, I was in search of a looped run. I'm a big fan of loop runs. It seemed like I would be able to run around the lake but no such luck, the trails just kept leading down and into the water. So I set out to find a loop that would lead me back to the hotel, but once again, no suck luck. I did eventually get my loop, but not on the run, but rather on the bike today when I rode from Irvine out to Laguna Beach, up to Newport Beach, and back to Irvine.

No comments: